IIDA Bridge Community Design did a wonderful job of designing and remodeling our lobby and hallway spaces. This came about owing to Serena Raven, herself a designer and a member of our Facility Committee. She knew that IIDA Bridge once a year selected a non-profit agency to create a new interior design and renovation as a community project. She recommended to Dian that CASC complete the application to put our name in the hat. The applicants were narrowed to three and ultimately after two interviews, Central Area Senior Center was selected.
IIDA facilitated a design phase, procurement phase for materials and labor followed by an implementation phase of the design. CASC Members voted on design direction, colors and fabric choices. 80% of the labor and materials were donated. IIDA members, friends and vendors contributed their time and energy to make the design plan happen. The remodel included:
- A New lobby wall with handcrafted block tiles
- Hallway carpeting and molding
- A custom made entry reception desk and chairs
- Custom crafted wall art for the dining room
- Benches and pillow cushions
- A picture collage of members and center activities
- Coat closet
- New window treatment in the dining hall
- New paint in the lobby, hallway and dining hall, and
- Light fixtures.
An “Open House” was held on Sunday, February 21st to thank everyone involved for a job well done. As a token of appreciation a plaque was presented to IIDA Bridge.